Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Becoming a MonkeyGTD developer

I posted this on the mailing list a little while ago:
  • Install TortoiseSVN (or regular SVN or your prefered SVN client).
  • Install ruby.
  • Check out from http://svn.tiddlywiki.org/Trunk/contributors/SimonBaird/mgtd3/
  • Download an empty mptw from here: http://mptw.tiddlyspot.com/empty.html and put it in the empties folder inside mgtd3.
  • Run build.rb
  • If it worked then look in the uploads folder and open up index3.html. Hopefully it looks like the current 3.0 demo.
  • Write some code, test it, send me patches. :)

3 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Hi, Simon-- thanks for a great tool!

I'm encouraged by this call to action, but I'm not yet in a position to answer. I'm an armchair coder behind the curve-- rusty VB skills and ham-handed java/*ml abilities.

I'm in a position to start learning again, and I feel like mGTD is the right place for me to start understanding what's under the hood.

I'm looking forward to the day when I can lend my meager talents to this worthy endeavor. In the meantime, what resources can you recommend for would-be tiddlywiki and mGTD developers? Anything to stay away from?

Thanks again for all your work-- it's greatly appreciated!

12:29 PM PDT  
Blogger Unknown said...

I guess I should read a javascript book, Simon. Really want to be of more help than throwing feature requests and ideas at you LOL

If I find the time I'll try to contribute in a more productive way - until then you'll only get my bug reports :-S (besides my PR campaigns and link updates out in the dark)

1:27 PM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent!

8:16 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home