Monday, September 08, 2008

Chrome and MonkeyGTD

As you might know MonkeyGTD runs pretty well in Chrome. The problem is you can't save. Jeremy Ruston has been looking at TiddlyWiki saving in Chrome and has found that it should work the same as Safari which requires a little java class to save TiddlyWiki files to disk. However there is a bug in chrome preventing it from working. My guess is it that it will be fixed soon but it might help if you "star" that issue to bring it to the attention of the Chrome developers. In related news I've heard that Firefox 3.1's new javascript engine will be comparable to Chrome's which should be good news for MonkeyGTD users.

2 Comments:

Blogger Fras said...

tiddlyspot for the time being. if you're testing the Java class that you mention, you might want to check out the daily Chromium builds.

Many of the issues that I spotted a week ago (e.g.proxy problems) have been fixed already.

2:20 PM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just installed mGSD (a year and a half after the original comment was posted) and I still cannot save in Chrome. Has this been fixed? Is there a setting somewhere that I need to change? If I make the change, am I opening myself up for other security risks?

8:13 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home