Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Mini FAQ

Q: How come it's still alpha?
A: Basically because it's half finished. There is a lot of functionality I still want to add to MonkeyGTD. Plus I want it to look better, run faster, work perfectly in IE and be much easier to use and manage. When all that's done it will move to beta.

Q: When will that be? What is your timeframe?
A: MonkeyGTD is a spare time project for me so the answer is when it's ready. There is no timeframe.

Q: Can I use it?
A: Yes. I use it daily. I have 116 projects, 114 actions, 3 realms. I upgrade whenever there is a new release (sometimes before ;). And there are many others using it as well. But I should mention that you probably need to use Firefox.

Q: But is it right for me?
A: Only you can answer that.

Q: Should I use MonkeyGTD 1.0?
A: You can. To be honest though MonkeyGTD 1.0.x is not so great. It has some flaws due to the fact that I wrote it without knowing much about GTD. Despite that a lot of people are very happy with it. On the up side at least it's not an alpha...

Q: Can I upgrade from 1.0?
A: It can be done but unfortunately I can't help you with it at this stage. It might be easier to just start fresh. Consider it a really big review. ;)

Q: Where do I download?
A: Right click here and save as.

Update

Q: Where can I read the fine manual of MonkeyGTD so that I can have a quick start with it?
A: See here.

Q: That sucks. Why is there no better documentation?
A: Please contribute here :)

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger Daniel said...

Wow, did I cause a whole new post with my comment? Anyways, I am new to this but have been watching it a lot, because I think it is the best of the web based GTD systems. Can you run a simple set of instructions on how you upgrade from version to version?

7:32 AM PST  
Blogger simon said...

Yeah pretty much.. :) If you mean upgrade from on release of the alpha to the next the just click "update" and follow the instructions there. You basically just import everything.

3:21 PM PST  
Blogger PapaAtHome said...

Missing just one Q.

(I do have some experience with TiddlyWiki in general and just ordered the book of David Allen but not yet received it.)

Where can I read the fine manual of MonkeyGTD so that I can have a quick start with it.

9:16 AM PST  
Blogger PapaAtHome said...

Hmm... I like the way I got a reaction for this. LOL

I guess that for some discussion on idea's and problems we have to visit the 'discussion' tab of the same site.

10:01 AM PST  
Blogger sat said...

It is a report. This was able to be used. Because two bytes were not able to be
used.

http://flow.dip.jp/mt/archives/u/twmemo.html#TWSaveSJPathPatch

7:41 AM PST  
Blogger Laisan said...

Thanks for explanations. I just started to use this alpha and got couple of questions.

First of all - how do I get things to Inbox? I tried to use Collect Thoughts tiddler - but it just saves these 'thoughts' to new tiddlers.

And how do I use Reference?

I also saw Contacts tiddler somewhere - can I use it already? I assume it will allow me to show which tasks are delegated and to whom?

5:51 PM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home