Thursday, September 25, 2008

Revue de MonkeyGTD

Original article on Bligoo's Weblog:


Translation by Google:

According to David Allen One of the best tricks for enhancing your personal productivity is having organizing tools that you love to use. After trying different tools, I finally decided to support my collection system on Monkey GTD. Monkey GTD is a customized version of TiddlyWiki, in a nutshell it is a single sheet HTML, enriched with a set of scripts. Ca n'al'air anything, but in the end this version 3 is a very simple, functional and stable environment that will help you organize activities, projects and contexts.

1. Simple
There is no installation to perform. Download 1 blank template, open it in your browser and go! Two huge advantages:
     * Portability guarantee (I store my file on my USB key)
     * Works with all operating systems.

2. Functional
This version offers more () of tables (combining different views, by project, by statute, by context, etc. ..). I especially reports by contacts to monitor the actions that I delegate. The presentation has evolved, it's easy to create projects, actions and change their status (via the use of small 'present everywhere). Once you understand the principle of tiddlers (tickets which are the foundation of tiddlyWiki) you will see that almost everything is reorganized at will.

3. Stable
No crash. On the other hand, for safety, you can make a regular online backup through tiddlyspot.com (possibility to choose the status of the backup "public" or "private"). I Monkey GTD to manage my projects at work and frankly it's great. I sometimes ask me why this kind of tool is not available to employees when they integrate society.


4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Simon,
I don't suppose you could fix it for "Dont Ticklers" to be listed in chronological order, rather than alphabetical order as they are now ? It would be good to see the most recently actioned ticklers at the top.

Cheers,
Jim McD.

7:06 AM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Seconded. Good observation IMO. No practical value with alphabetical order.

/Mat

3:39 PM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

One other small request. At the moment ticklers say, for example, "Updated a week ago (created a week ago)". Would it be easy to change this to an actual date and time stamp ? Occasionally I want to know when a ticker was last updated or created. Perhaps there is some other way of finding this info that I have missed ? If other people prefer the "...week ago..." style, perhaps make it an option ?

Cheers. Great tool anyway I am using it every day.

9:00 AM PDT  
Blogger watari-kashi Jedi said...

I am running into a slight problem. I save the file to my desktop (Ubuntu 8.04), and everything looks good to go. When I attempt to open my page, I get a warning that tells me that monkeygtd was saved incorrectly and points me to the www.tiddlywiki.com site.

Any suggestions on what I need to do to get this running correctly?

6:05 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home