Tuesday, April 08, 2008

allow multiple contexts

Someone asked if they could have checkboxes for contexts instead of a drop down. This enables an action in multiple contexts, for instance @weekend and @call. Here's how to do it:

  • Select the TW menu (top right)
  • Under the "All" tab find the tiddler called "TitleButtons"
  • You will need to edit the section under !Action.
  • Find the following:
Context:<span macro="multiSelectTag Context allowNone:on"></span>

  • Replace it with either of these:
Context:<span macro="multiCheckboxTag Context"></span><br/>

Context:<span macro="groupOfSingleToggleTags Context"></span><br/>
  • If you still want one context per action but buttons instead of a drop down you could try this:
Context:<span macro="multiToggleTag Context"></span><br/>

  • The next action you click on should use the new elements. You can experiment to find what works best for you. You might want to remove or relocate the >> link (it's the eval macro span).
  • Note that the appearance of projects, ticklers and other items are also defined in TitleButtons. If you come up with a nice looking layout for any of these items, email me or post it here. At present the layout is pretty much place-holder and is due some refinement.

4 Comments:

Blogger Ken Mankoff said...

Thank you! Very nice to have these options. I guess now I need to figure out if @Call @Weekend should be AND or OR. Right now it is OR. Works for me...

5:49 AM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow wow wow... so, lot's of exciting things in there...

you've been updating here a lot recently... what kind of timeline can we expect for this being fully usable? I'm a little lost on all the development speak, but I'm clear that the official version isn't live yet.

thanks for your hard work, it is much appreciated.

7:47 AM PDT  
Blogger crossmage said...

I, too, am looking forward to when the opinion of this alpha is that it is at least as stable as the v2.1 alpha r91 that hold all my data today.

I would love to play with it, but would need to be doing so with my live lists - as that is where I would know what is needed more and more.

In either case, consider me a cheerleader for your efforts and a man tht appreciates you and what you are doing here.

10:15 AM PDT  
Anonymous anton said...

Hey,

I cant quite explain in words what I wish to happen, so here is an example.

Currently I am seeing;
-Next
computer +
locate either a new laptop or a battery for dad
email +
request car quote
home +
forward ssh port to my pc
take portable hd to work
get bike ready for competition
light work +
forward ssh port to my pc
take portable hd to work
offline +
take portable hd to work

How I would like to view my next actions by context;
-Next
computer +
locate either a new laptop or a battery for dad
email +
request car quote
home +
get bike ready for competition
home & light work +
forward ssh port to my pc
home & light work & offline +
take portable hd to work

Essentially I want to group the contexts?

Can mGSD do this?

4:46 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home